Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Job

Authors Note: I wrote this piece because in my class we were working on conflict resolution and we had to write a piece about it. This isn't a true story.

Ah baby sitting, an easy way to get money. This job doesn't take hard work if your good at it like me. Right now I have both the kids sitting down watching a educational T.V. while eating some carrots. Of course I am watching them carefully to make sure they don't choke. "Ding Dong" Both the kids turn their heads while I start to get up to go answer the door. "Try to find a game to play I'll be right back" As I get to the door I find it to just be some punk teens who think they're funny going ding dong ditching."No!" "Aw man the kids are having a conflict again I better go resolve it."

"We are playing this!" "No! We are playing this!" "Hey what's going on?" As the kids tell me about their problem I desperately   try and thing of a way to resolve it and make them both happy. I finally come up with something. "Tony," I say "Would you be willing to try your brothers game for 30 minutes and then play your game after?" "Uh, I guess so" As I help set up the game for the kids I can't help but thing that there is no conflict with these kids i can't resolve.

1 comment:

  1. This piece really had tension rising. It leaves you in shock for a moment but then you realize it isn't true story. If anything should be done to it, make this piece a little longer so you feel more in the moment.

    ReplyDelete